Thursday, May 7, 2015

Adding Tickets to a Group Reservation

When I book a group reservation, I book tickets into an "Event" that I have created in PE specific to this group. There are 2 types of events for groups: Adult Group Tour (docent-guided tours) and Self-Guided Group Tour. Education follows the same process for events like "Art Smart," "School Special Request Tour," "Self Guided School Group," etc. 

All tickets we sell in PE are created within events, and some events include the same ticket types. The events General Admission and Adult Group Tour have the same tickets: Adult, Youth, Member... However, they are NOT the exact same tickets and are reported differently because they are in different events. For an example, I'll use NTL:

Each NTL is it's own event: Superman, Hamlet, etc. They all have member tickets to sell. But, we would not sell a member ticket for Superman if they wanted a member ticket to Hamlet even though the tickets have the same name and price. Further, we would not pull a report showing all tickets sold for Superman when we really want to see attendance for Hamlet. 

All of that seems intuitive and easy to follow, but it gets a little more complex when you need to confirm a group reservation and add new tickets because the reservation is lacking what you need. We need to be adding/confirming group reservations with the correct event tickets. I have been noticing some group reservations confirmed incorrectly lately. So, if you need to add tickets to a group reservation because they are not already included, see below :)




So, what if you know how to do, and follow, all of the correct steps, but when you go to pull the correct event into the GA screen to process there aren't any tickets available once you do? 
This means the event is over and tickets are no longer available to sell. Well, at least sell this way. Tickets can still be sold through the CRM. 

Using the example above, see below:




This same process can be followed for school groups as well.


It's very important that we are confirming groups correctly. Please ask if you have any questions! 


1 comment:

  1. This is REALLY helpful. I had no idea about the different events for groups, I had just assumed they were all going into general admission, but this makes so much more sense.

    -Gina

    ReplyDelete