Tuesday, February 17, 2015

New Art Museum in LA

There is a new art museum opening this fall (September) in LA: The Broad Museum!

Check out the website.
Who else think it looks like a cheese grater... or a speaker?...

 
 Read more about the building design and collection here.

 Who wants to go on a field trip?...





8 comments:

  1. I do! :) I love the design of the building. It reminds me of a cheese grater, which can seem weird to some. However, I like how distinctive it is. You will definitely remember it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm down for a field trip! Haha Sarah it does look like a cheese grater! BTW- why does my name say Kali's name? -Allie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was logged onto Kali's name on VS1 for some reason.. I figured it out! -Allie

      Delete
  3. The concept of the design for the light to filter into the museum is awesome. I realize the museum is named after the Broads, but I keep thinking of it as a male term for women. Also, I think it is cool Cindy Sherman photographs will be here. I had never heard of her until James Franco imitated her photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I am definitely in for a field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES! I love field trips. And while we're in LA we can go to the Getty!.... one day I'd love to open a Chavez Museum... Not the same ring? Dang it.

    -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. JAYMEE
    I would need to challenge myself to view the Female Figure (only because I'm a bit terrified of human robots), but I'm up for a good challenge! I also love L.A. Carolyne, I'm seeing Broad and thinking it's a typo for Board. I would love to see the exterior of this museum up close. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's go, please!!!!! I want to go to MoMA too! and LACMA. Ugh why can't I be there.... Gina

    ReplyDelete