Did you know we have a yearly goal for donations made in the lobby!?
Whether that be in the donation box, text or by credit card.
What?
Donations made in the lobby go directly to the operating cost of the Museum.
Who?
Yes, VS is responsible for the donations because we have the capability to talk to the visitors about donations.
To give you an example of the direct effect VS has on donations made: Donation time used to be called Free Time until VS made it a goal to increase donations. Well it worked! We increased donations immensely. (I will get that information for you soon) And that is where the term Voluntary Donation Time came about.
Based on VS's impact on the donation box the goals are a high number. I would like to continue to increase these numbers and I think we have more opportunity with the text giving.
I will be posting our donation goals and the actual amount made per month to see how we are doing. Please comment on this post that you have read this and any ideas that you have to increase donations.
Let be donation rock stars!!!
As you all know very well, just verbally mentioning "donation time" instead of "free time" will work wonders, just like mentioning "membership" leads to a sale.
ReplyDeleteKnowledge is powerful. Help educate our visitors about what what VDT truly is- nothing is free! VDT is sponsored by SRP and from donations from the public. Without these donations and sponsorship, we would not have our evening hours nor would it be complimentary.
Ever little bit helps!
I did not know that we were responsible for donations or that we have a goal. Good to know! I agree that mentioning "Voluntary Donation Time" instead of "Free Time" boosts the donations immensely. Especially if they're expecting to pay anyway and we mention the word "donation", they will sometimes ask "Where can I donate?".
ReplyDeleteI have noticed that some people will come up and ask if it is "Free Day". Instead of just saying "yes", we can say something like "Yes, it is Voluntary Donation Time" or "Yes, we are accepting donations". What do you guys think?
-Allie
Good point Allie! I really like the "Yes we are accepting donations" line, I think it causes the visitor to perceive donating to the Museum as an expectation.
ReplyDelete-Gina